Room Service & Self Service Menu
Being a "retreat" we are 10km from the nearest supermarket. You can pick up supplies on your way through Huonville at the full size national supermarket, the independent IGA supermarket which stocks a range of quality Tasmanian and Huon Valley specialities as well as local fresh vegetables etc.
The following is available:
Roasted tomatoes, stuffed mushrooms, Tasmanian cheeses, dips and olives, smoked salmon, roast potatoes, free range chicken and crackers.
Cost: $75 for two people
Brookfarm muesli, organic yoghurt*, Lucaston Apple Juice and organic orange juice*, Summer Kitchen organic bread*, Huon Bush Retreats jam and preserved fruit.
Cost: $30 for two people
* Organic product is usually available and will be used whenever possible. From time to time another quality product will be offered
Gourmet Freezer-to-Plate Dinners
Prepared on site by Michael.
- Free range chicken and broccoli green curry with rice
- Beef Lasagna and garlic bread
- Vegetarian pasta sauce with pasta
Cost: $18 each
Other meals and catering for up to 60 people is available at our Outdoor Entertainment Area, by discussion with our chef. Vegetarian and vegan menus are a speciality.
- Home Hill Winery provides exquisite dining and wine tasting on the edge of the vineyard (8km)
- Huon Manor Restaurant serves delicious quality food in a magnificent federation house at affordable prices. They specialise in local seafood and wines and are situated next to the Huon River (10km)
- Great fish and chips from the Huon River Punt. Dine inside on the river or Al Fresco on the new Upper Deck (10km)
- A range of takeaways (fish and chips, pizza, Chinese, chicken etc) (10 km)
- Cosmopolitan range of restaurants and cafés situated in the very charming nearby towns of Franklin (15km) and Cygnet (30km)